Like all sites, this site is perpetually "under construction." It is intended to serve authors, and incidentally publishers and agents interested in a pro-author perspective.
This site has no ad revenue; no sale of "endorsements"; no use or (as all too common) misuse of personal data; no hidden agendas. A few principles:
- Enforcing strong moral rights (droits moral or droits d'auteur) for authors and other content creators serves the long-term interests of the creators, their publishers, and the public
- Money flows toward the content creator
- The people who should make decisions concerning content use are those who create and use the content, with advice from professionals and marketersnot the other way around
- Illinois State Bar Association, 28 April 2005, ChicagoContinuing legal education seminar on publishing contracts (joint presentation with the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America)
- 2004 World Science Fiction Convention (Boston)presentations on internet piracy; legal issues for writers and artists; literary scams; and a variety of other subjects
- WindyCon (Chicago)presentations on intellectual property and other matters of interest, November 2003 and 2004
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, 27 March 2002, Indiana Bar CenterContinuing legal education seminar on copyright issues for the internet and small businesses on the internet
- 2002 World Science Fiction Convention (San Jose)presentations on basics of intellectual property; legal issues for writers and artists; literary scams; legal aspects of fan websites; the DMCA; publishing contracts; and military aspects of science fiction and fantasy
- 2001 World Science Fiction Convention (Philadelphia)presentations on literary scams, electronic publishing and piracy, current issues in publishing contracts, and a variety of other subjects
- 2000 World Science Fiction Convention (Chicago)presentations on literary scams, copyright and the internet, and a variety of academic subjects
- WindyCon (Chicago)presentations on intellectual property and other matters of interest
- Others to be announced when appropriate
Intellectual Property Rights
© 200106 C.E. Petit, Esq. All rights reserved.
This notice overrides any alleged copyright or license claimed by any person or entity absent a signed writing that complies with the requirements for transferring the entire copyright. This includes, but is not limited to, translation or other creation of derivative works, use in advertising or other publicity materials without prior written authorization, or any other non-private use that does not qualify as fair use under United States law. Commercial use, publicity or advertising use, or republication in any form will be treated as an infringement absent written authorization.
"ScrivenersError" and "ScrivenersError.com" are trademarks and/or servicemarks of the registered owner of this site. Other marks appearing on this site do so with either the permission of the mark's owner or as exemplary reference.
This website contains legal commentary, but it is only general commentary. It does not constitute legal advice for your situation. It does not create an attorney-client relationship or any other expectation of confidentiality, nor is it an offer of representation.